This week we have 30 determined Fit Soldiers embarking on a bit of Spring cleaning! They are diving into our 21 Day Real Food Detox. As we’ve seen in the past it is a powerful 21 days. There is so much to learn from identifying allergies and irritations, reducing bloating and inflamation, to just flat out feeling like you can conquer the world when you’re done.
So I got to thinking, even if you’re not doing the full blown Spring Cleaning Detox, how can we encourage you and give you fresh ideas to clean up some of your nutrition habits so that you can win?
Heres my top 6 Spring Cleaning Fitness Tips…
- Clean out the pantry and fridge. It happens to the best of us, over time we start collecting less healthy food choices in our house. It may have made it’s way in from a birthday party, the last holiday you hosted, or a brief will power breakdown. Regardless of how it got there and how long it’s been there, do a little Spring cleaning of your pantry to make some space for a fresh healthy batch of nutritious food!
- Step off the scale. Your scale is lying to you, so it’s time you two break up. There are several reasons to ditch the scale. In addition to the number being just as useless as the BMI that your Doc tells you, you’re heavier later in the day, and we all come in different shapes and sizes. If you’re looking for numbers what you really want to know is your body fat percentage as well as circumference measurements. This way you can see inches and body fat numbers move. More importantly, if you’re doing the right things by consistently eating real, whole, minimally processed foods in addition to training well you will FEEL your body becoming awesome before a general scale number will move.
- Freshen up your fluids. Not only are temperatures warming up and your body demanding more water, but your body requires water to function optimally. Aim for half your body weight in ounces of water per day. Your cells, muscles, metabolism, mental clarity and so much more depend on it. Flavor your zero calorie fluids with your favorite fruits, cucumber, mint and more!
- Set a Schedule. If you have been out of a routine this winter then begin to schedule time for your health and fitness. Keep it reasonable and win. It will then become a habit. From there you can build in more activity or maybe even a race or event. If you have been in a good routine maybe it’s time to schedule your next race, first 5K, or epic hike or activity. Put it on the calendar and get excited!
- Rock some new gear. The weather is warming up so why not boost your fitness mojo with some new gear or shoes(remember the new shoes when you were a kid? You laced them up and instantly could run faster and jump higher, or so you thought). Whether your going to go sleeveless, capri’s, shorts, or lace up some new runners or minimal shoes you’re sure to find a new pep in your step!
- Freshen up your fridge. It’s Spring and the growing season is coming back into full swing. Here’s a list of what’s coming into season here in Colorado, http://coloradofreshmarkets.com/crop-calendar/ but so much more is already being harvested in warmer states. Think asparagus, rhubarb, snow peas, swiss chard, and more! Although you can never really get enough fresh vegetables and fruits, start by getting in at least 5 servings in each day with a focus on a 2 veggie to 1 fruit ratio.
BONUS TIP: Mobility, Stability, Activation… A bonus to the list and also your body. In addition to the detox beginning this week we’re also running our quarterly Mobility, Stability, Activation week to allow our bodies a break from the throws of training so that they can recover and get ready for the next phase of training. If you are getting back into training or you’ve been doing the ‘more more more’ method and have noticed your fitness gains plateauing then this is the perfect time to mix this in. You won’t regret it!
Knock out this list and you’ll have a fresh spring in your step taking you to better health and fitness!
Committed to Your Results,
and Your Fit Soldiers Family!
Fit Soldiers Fitness Revolution
2100 East 112th Avenue #2
Northglenn, CO 80233