Keys to Fitness Success
Hello Fit Soldiers,
I wanted to follow up with yesterday's post. It sounds easy to say plan and you will be successful but is it? What really needs to go into the planning process in order to be successful? We are all different but here's what goes into my planning in order to succeed.
1. Integrity. I hate being the person that talks a big game and lacks the follow through. So I signed up for the Ft. Collins marathon and told as many people as possible. Which should lead to an amazing support group to keep you accountable.
2. Point A to Point B. So you've set a goal, now what? Seek an expert. We can often times get bogged down by all the information in magazines and books that you don't know what to do when and what is best for YOU. Find an expert to dial in your workouts to your goals. Sometimes I would love for someone to write a training program for me.
3. Schedule. We all have busy lives. Kids, family, work, eat, sleep, etc. Take a look at what your week and days look like in advance. Tell your self when fitness will take place, write it in your planner, and for that time on that day make it a priority, and make it happen. Prepare by bringing clothes with you to change into on the fly if the schedule is tight.
4. Accountability. Find a partner to hold you accountable on the days you don't feel like doing work. make sure you both understand that you are to make the other person go even if the "i don't feel like it" and other excuses arise.
5. Recovery and Nutrition. A loaded subject, we will dive deeper into this another time. This will include proper fueling pre, and post-workout, flexibility, hydration, and sleep. When these are dialed in you will have better workouts and get more out of them. You should be schedule these just like you schedule your a shower. Yes it's so important you do it daily like second nature, but that wasn't always they case. When we were little our mom's had to make us shower some times.
Folks take time to make time. If you plan ahead not only will you get your workout in but you will eliminate the battle in your head with the excuses as to why you shouldn't. This will save you time. If you end up having to cut a workout short then don't sweat something is better than nothing.
What does your day look like to day?