A questions I hear time and time again sound a little like this… “How long will it take to…?”
While I get the idea and how it can be motivating it is extremely limiting. If someone is looking to lose 30lbs and they want to know how long it will take then they are capping themselves off at 30 pounds. When an imaginably ceiling is set we often see a hard charge towards and some great progress made which is great. The down side to this is it is not leaving room for more. They are not allowing themselves the creativity of looking left and right along the way which will ultimately motivate and inspire over the long haul
Instead of asking how long will it take, start asking yourself how far can I go?
This changes the game. The ceiling is removed and the blinders are off. Now we can start having so much more fun. This question leads to more steps and adventures in the progress instead of one far off goal. By asking how far you can go we open creative doors such as:
- When I lose 10lbs can I take the stairs to my office with out getting winded?
- When I lose 20lbs will I be able to get on my bike and ride trails with my kids?
- When I lose 30lbs the outfit to my best friends wedding will be stunning!
- When I’m maintaining my goal weight I’ll be so much stronger I’ll be able to hike a 14er!
- When I’m leaner, healthier, stronger I’ll look amazing and feel confident with my spouse on our 30th anniversary beach vacation!
When you ask yourself how far you can go, you can get excited about the little bit that will lead to a lot. Which also helps allow the fitness to become the outcome and not the goal.
There is one catch though…
In order to GO you must GROW.
Our most successful clients understand this. In order to meet and exceed your milestones and goals there is no room for passivity. The most successful clients become students of their craft. Not in the sense that an accountant is trying to become a fitness professional. Rather the accountatnt client is taking ownership of their lifestyle, nutrition, body awareness, and more. They are gowing in their daily knowledge, coordination and physical age and not just settling with the body and health they have.
When we change our question from how long to how far and complie an intentional growth to our mindset and actions then the sky is the limit.
- Surround yourself with like minded people – Our Fit Soldiers Family!
- Always ask questions – To your coaches
- Never settle – Take ownership
Ready to see how far you can go? You just may surprise yourself!
Call to start your free trial today! 720-382-5240
Committed to Your Results,
Dave and your FS Family!
Fit Soldiers Fitness Revolution
2100 East 112th Avenue #2
Northglenn, CO 80233