…You Can’t Stop, I bet you completed that line before you even clicked to open this newsletter.
- packaged in a box, bag, or can, and possibly even stating some big health claim (whole grains, fat free, gluten free).
- have several and even countless ingredients, many you may not be able to pronounce.
- There is a coupon for it…?
I have a funny story about this last one…
A couple years ago Katie and I decided to get the newspaper primarily for all of the coupons. There sure were a lots of coupons and we could save more money than we actually spend on the paper. So we started getting it and would soon find out that after going through hundreds of coupons we would barely clip any of them. And the one’s we would clip weren’t necessarily the best foods or even something we would normally buy. We only bought the items because we had a coupon! What we realized is that the majority of the food we eat RARELY (that’s a big rare) will have a coupon for it.
Think about it. How often do you find a coupon for produce, grass-fed meats, and free-rage chickens and eggs…
So what do the over marketed and under nourishing foods look like and why are they misleading and less healthy? Let’s get more specific. Things that are processed, whether they’re marketed as “healthy” or not, are breads, chips, crackers, cereals, sauces, dressings, marinades, sugar filled yogurts, fruit juices…the list could go on and on and on. They could be marketed as low fat, high protein, gluten free, no fat, all natural, zero trans fats, high-fiber, low carb.
- Not be as filling(allowing you to eat more than your share).
- Be depleted of their natural nutritional qualities.
- Allow our bodies to absorb them faster, causing blood sugar to spike and insulin to react.
- Minimally processed
- Much higher in original key nutrients
- Higher in natural fiber
- And much better for us
- An ingredient and don’t contain ingredients
- Are whole and require at least some rinsing, or cooking
- Minimally processed(if you can open the package and start eating it’s processed)
- Have a shorter shelf life
- Don’t have a ‘Nutrition Facts’ label
- Naturally colorful
Check out our Fit Soldiers Nutrition Cheat Sheet for a quick guide to real food!
Committed to Your Results,
and Your Fit Soldiers Family!
Fit Soldiers Fitness Revolution
2100 East 112th Avenue #2
Northglenn, CO 80233